Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghost Buster

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Shura Ranzu †
The snow crunched with each step as Shura made his way to the old man's house. The house covered by a shroud of protective runes. As the name suggest these runes did two things, hid his place from the world. Masking it by making it look like a large empty patch of land. Also protected it if anyone found out about it and tried to raid it. Shura only knew of it due to his previous encounter with the individual and the creatures he commanded. He was branded with a rune on his hand so he could see the house and pass through the barrier safely. On the way to the house he thought about the things he encountered. The skeleton in the farm residential area, the boy wandering through the streets and the people he was going to meet. This was what the Red Queen, meant when she said he became a visible player in the scope of the world. Shura was lost in the never ending thought processes that plagued him. His body was acting on it's own walking towards the old hunter's house. He stopped suddenly because of a heat source coming from his left side. Specifically the pouch where the soul pops were resting.

Following the heat he felt a angry vibration as if the pops were trying to get free. He quickly pulled out the pouch and it was emitting a purple light. Dark energies swirled around the bag as he held it. The bag then pulled away from him, as if it was trying to get away. 'The hell is happening?' he thought tugging on the strap. The bag pulled viciously at the air trying to get away. A purple aura materialized around the bag and with one hard tug the strap broke. The bag floated two meters off the ground and flew backwards five meters before stopping. A light erupted from under the bag, a circle was curved in the snow under the pouch. It made a complete circle before a pentagram was created by lines created. Shura didn't know what to expect but of course he was raring to go. His hand gripped the handle of his sword and he took a step back with his left. That way his right foot was forward and his arm was bent at a ninety degree angle facing the bag. His curiosity got the better of him at that moment. He did not want to jump the gun and destroy whatever it was.

This was the second time a mystery revealed itself right in front of him. This time he didn't have to do anything, maybe it was the amount of candies he accumulated that triggered it. Or just being at the right place at the right time. This was all exciting and unsettling at the same time. He slowed his breathing to not panic because this is what happened when he lost his arm. Not focusing and swinging wildly hoping for something to connect. If it was hostile all he needed was one calculated swing to put it down instantly.

#2Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Shura Ranzu †
The circle completed and the pouch began to glow. A purple flame ignited the bag revealing the pops inside. They floated around the circle in a indiscriminate manner before making a circle that faced Shura. At first there was nothing in the middle of the circle that faced him. Then a flicker of purple light caused a portal to open. A pitch black portal that had no sound coming from it. That was the most unsettling thing. Was that this thing generating all of this energy made no sound at first. Then he could hear the distant screaming of something coming from far away. He looked around thinking he was crazy but then something came out of the portal. It fired at him moving at breakneck speeds. His instinct was to move but it was too late. A round object slammed into his lower chin moving at breakneck speeds. Whatever it was made a loud thump sound upon connecting. His head cocked back and he fell onto the ground. He wasn't unconscious but he was completely dazed. The mask had been thrown off and landed in the snow behind him. He sat up and rubbed his head. He broke character and cursed the pain he was in. “What the fuck man!?”

Sitting up his eyes were still closed. Something was sitting in his lap unconscious. He could feel something sitting on his lap but he hadn't visibly seen it yet. He opened his eyes, blinking a few times. His vision was still blurry and the thing sitting in his lap was unconscious. The collision knocked it out but only dazed Shura. His vision returned to normal, his chin throbbed and he saw it sitting in his lap. A black orb gave off a purple colored glow. One that shared the same as the pops did just now. The portal in front of him dissipated and the candies disintegrated.

The black mass that sat in his lap didn't move for a moment nor did it have a face. He removed it from his lap so he could use his one arm to push himself up. Getting up he stood to his full height before reaching for it. He palmed it like a basketball before holding it square in the palm of his hands. Then it happened. Two big baby eyes opened up seeing the world for the first time. Shura's eyes widened for a moment. He jumped backwards dropping it. Thing was it didn't drop. It continued to float and the eyes looked directly at Shura. It was silent at first and blinked at him. Both shared an awkward silence that made Shura feel uneasy. He figured he was going to be the one to break the silence.

“Hi?” A simple hello to break the ice would suffice here. A greeting with a wave to come off as non menacing.

The thing tilted to the side for a moment looking at the gesture and Shura before it spoke. “Gastly?” It muttered that in the form of a question. As if it was mimicking Shura's tone. It tried to make the same confused facial expression Shura did. “Gastly? Is that your name or is that all you can say.”

“Gastly.” This time it was a more acknowledging tone of voice.

“Well this certainly makes things difficult.” Shura responded. It never dawned on him that the pops could summon something not of this world. Clearly something was up with those soul candies. By amassing them it brought this thing before him. He rubbed his throbbing chin and needed to figure out what to do with this 'thing'. He wasn't too sure what exactly it was. It wasn't hostile nor could it talk. So he couldn't ask for it's origins. Shura assumed that this was his gift from the candies. He put a lot of work into getting the things so it was only natural that they finally found their purpose. In this case it was bring this being before Shura. At first he didn't notice it but he could feel something from this thing. A great amount of power laid dormant inside of it.

#3Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Shura Ranzu †
“The candies brought you to this world and considering those were my property. I am guessing that makes you my property by default.” Shura explained.

“Gastly.” It nodded at the same time and Shura smiled. “So at least you can understand me, I just can't understand you...yet.” This was a world of magic finding a means to give this thing the ability to talk wouldn't be difficult. First Shura needed to find out what exactly this thing was. 'Best to take it to the old man.' he thought. “I think I should give you a name.” He paused for a moment to think.

“Purple aura indicates darkness, small orb shape, you look like trouble. Voice is male in tone, how about Loki?”

“Gastly!” Loki yelled in a excited nature. “Loki it is then, come on we need to goto the old man's place. I gotta ask him some questions.” Shura turned and grabbed the mask. He slipped it back on and led the way towards the old man's house.

Shura walked through the snow with Loki in tow floating close by. Shura wasn't too sure what to make of Loki. No doubt he had a great energy within him the question was how would he pull that out. Maybe taking him on his adventures would slowly help him towards the goal of getting stronger. Granted Shura was a loner in nature, he didn't mind having a companion tag along. Especially one that could fight. He was still weary of Loki as he wasn't too sure if he was a ally just yet.

After ten more minutes of walking the two ended up near the crossroads. The place where the old man decided to hide his home from prying eyes. The rune on Shura's hand began to resonate. His hand gave off a yellow light and he pointed at where the house was at. The veil was removed for a moment showing the tall gothic styled house. Loki seemed to be scared of something, most likely the energy the house gave off. He illustrated this by hiding behind him when they approached. Shura was aware of the power that the hunter commanded.

So it was only natural for weaker beings to cower before great might. Shura chuckled and walked forward causing the protective barrier to open up. Held his hand out so that Loki could pass through the opening. He flew in and found himself in a different world. A graveyard sat in front of the house with several tombstones littered all around the house. Where they walked there were white white petals fluttering along the wind current. It was as if they walked into a dream. Time had no power over the area. Across the field he could see Kruger sitting out in the field in a rocking chair. He was smoking a long pipe, with some of the ghouls sitting around him. He was watching the snowfall and rocking back and forth. He waved at Shura as he entered.

Shura waved back and Loki floated next to him. Kruger stood up with cane in hand. Hunched over he made his way through the field to meet the two. The ghouls continued to lounge around the area, not moving. One did follow Kruger, the one with a small crown on it's head. The one that watched over Shura while he slept. It crawled on Kruger's shoulder and rode with him as he made his way over. “See it's okay Loki we are all friends here.”

“Gastly.” Loki was a bit more relaxed and came from behind Shura. He revealed himself completely to this new world. He spun around and lowered himself to smell the flowers. He made sure not to get to far behind Shura when he walked over to the old man.

The four met in the middle of a flower field, the old man getting a good look at Shura. “Well I see you have been quite busy Shura. You have an air about you. You have gotten a lot stronger in the short time we were apart.”

#4Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:32 am

Shura Ranzu †
Shura was well aware of this man’s ability to sense power within someone. This man was a hunter back in his heyday. Then again Shura had never seen this old man in action but a intimidating aura came from him. A sensation of immediate danger radiated from this individual. No doubt the monsters outside of the barrier knew of his existence. They just respected him being a hermit and keeping to himself. No need to aggravate someone who wants to be left in peace. No doubt there were some who came to challenge him at a shot at glory. There was a reason he carried around dual pistols and that large scythe. Shura also took notice of the cane looking almost mechanical in nature. This man held a lot of secrets and has seen a lot of things.

“So you can tell. I have you to thank for that. I would have died out there because I passed out.”

Kruger chuckled, “Ya, also the fact you gave away your humanity. Only a blind man would miss the dark energy following you around. I didn’t notice it at first due to it being dormant. Now that you are awake and walking around. I can feel it very clearly. Maybe I should have let you die that day.”

Loki said nothing and just floated listening to the conversation between the two. The ghouls began to bring out the tea cups and plates while they conversed. The man had a hint of regret in the tone of his voice.

“Well I am glad you didn’t.” Shura watched the ghouls scurry around the area making squeaking noises at each other. Loki was also fascinated by the smaller creatures and even found himself floating around the house following them.

“You seem like you are in control of it, so I suppose you can keep your life for the moment.”

Even if the man had a bit of playfulness in his voice, Shura knew that his man was deadly serious. He did it for a living once upon a time. All manners of dark races and individuals who tried to consume the world fell prey to his art. The sigil on his chest came to life causing a red circle to appear under his chair. Berial was well aware of the conversation and figured he could make his entrance now.

A older man appeared behind Shura draped in black. Clear shades covered his eyes, a rugged face and serious look.

Ghost Buster IeJ7838

“Kruger meet,” before he could say Berial’s name Kruger said it.

“Berial.”

“Kruger.” Berial replied calmly before moving around to the vacant seat. Shura was a bit caught off guard by this. These two knew each other and suddenly the tension grew to insane levels. The energy these two were putting off was suffocating. This is what it was like at peak performance. They exerted magical pressure near that of Geno’s when they first met. A intimidating aura that expressed what it meant to be strong. There was a akward silence as they stared each other down. Shura was feeling uneasy but knew not to make any sudden movements. Then they both broke down in laughter. Shura let out a deep sigh of relief. “So I am guessing you two know each other?”

“You can say that.” Berial replied.

#5Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 am

Shura Ranzu †
Kruger stopped laughing and spoke. “Yea we have crossed swords many times in the past. I could have killed him but I didn’t. He wasn’t like the others. He had several chances to kill me but he always spared my life. I could never understand why he let me go. I had it built up in my mind that all of the abyssal lords were evil and needed to be exterminated. Berial showed me the error of my ways by letting me live on numerous occasions.” He explained.

Shura felt a bit bad about the whole thinking Berial was going to take over. A bit of him had become afraid of the bond he made, even a bit of regret. “Berial I”

“No need to apologize young one, I am used to it. Kind of comes with the territory of being a demon. Unlike my brothers and sisters I felt no need to kill mindlessly or be the stereotypical kind of demon. Give me your soul human! You know that kind of thing some of them do. I used to be like that, but I got bored and wanted to live the peaceful life. After being alive for so long you get tired of the same song and dance. Then I met this character during the dark ages. The time of the hunters who were contracted by the Holy order to hunt my kind down. Majority of them were hell bent on extermination of entire species. Not knowing that not all of us are evil. A lot of good beings died during that time on both sides.”  Berial explained.

Kruger cut in on the matter, “Indeed, I was tricked into thinking all of their kind was evil and needed to die. In reality it was the Holy Order that was truly evil. Their religion clouded their judgement and anyone who opposed them was executed on the spot. I was like them until I met Berial who showed me the errors of my ways. When the reaper was ready to take me, Berial spared me and opened my eyes to the truth.”

The Ghouls had brought in the food and drinks for the four seats. They poured the tea while they conversed. Meanwhile Loki was floating around the house playing with the ghouls as if he was a small child. It was moments like this that made Shura grateful for his life. “The truth? The truth about what?”

“Everything.” Kruger responded calmly.

Berial took a sip from his tea cup. “I think he is ready.”

Kruger said nothing and placed his hand on the table. A large, yellow, arcane circle appeared on the ground beneath them. Then darkness surrounded them, Kruger looked over at Berial.

“You want this one or am I doing this?”

“He did come here to speak to you and it is you home. Best if you tell it.” Berial replied.

Shura removed his mask and placed it on the table, he looked around in awe of what he was seeing. The darkness became filled with stars and galaxies surrounding them. A image of the nation of Fiore popped up in the middle of the table.

#6Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 am

Shura Ranzu †
Ghost Buster J2VsWL5

“Have you ever had the feeling there was more out there? As if more worlds existed beyond ours? And the one you are stuck is filled with chaos, death and darkness. What if I told you there was more out there, that everything you see is a mere fraction of what is out there. Would you be willing to cross over, drink from the chalice of truth and burn your eyes watching the fabric of the universe unfurl itself right in front of you?”  

During this a display played of various planes of existence. Other worlds from other universes where extraordinary people used their gifts for various reasons. Visions of horrific monsters and beautiful landscapes came into view. Shura’s mind was being expanded at that moment. So many questions that he had were being answered. He knew he wasn’t crazy, all of those visions and dreams weren’t a figment of his imagination. There was more out there, things that he couldn’t even fathom existed. He felt like he lived inside of a box for the early stages of his life. The door had finally opened and he was learning the truth of existence. Berial watched how Shura watched all of this. He saw a child growing up into a man at this very moment. Kruger continued to speak.  

“There is a magical library carrying legends in them about these worlds that exist. Dusty tomes creating labyrinths only a select few can navigate to understand them. I have only been there once in my lifetime. It only reveals itself to those who are worthy of it’s knowledge.”

The room turned back to normal causing the house to tremble from the spell used. Shura was completely at a loss for words at that moment. He had a shocked expression on his face. It turned into a huge smile, he was excited. This only confirmed everything he had seen growing up.

“I want to know more, all of it. The door is only cracked, I want to walk through it.”  Kruger sat back in his chair eating a biscuit. “Can’t.”  Shura was caught off guard by that, “What do you mean can’t?”  Berial cut in, “Well for one even though you made a soul contract you are still human. Too much information will overload you and you will become a vegetable. Your mind consumed by the mental strain that the truth can put on you. Have to take it as it comes.”

“Have you ever had the feeling there was more out there? As if more worlds existed beyond ours? And the one you are stuck is filled with chaos, death and darkness. What if I told you there was more out there, that everything you see is a mere fraction of what is out there. Would you be willing to cross over, drink from the chalice of truth and burn your eyes watching the fabric of the universe unfurl itself right in front of you?”

During this a display played of various planes of existence. Other worlds from other universes where extraordinary people used their gifts for various reasons. Visions of horrific monsters and beautiful landscapes came into view. Shura’s mind was being expanded at that moment.

#7Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:37 am

Shura Ranzu †
So many questions that he had were being answered. He knew he wasn’t crazy, all of those visions and dreams weren’t a figment of his imagination. There was more out there, things that he couldn’t even fathom existed. He felt like he lived inside of a box for the early stages of his life. The door had finally opened and he was learning the truth of existence. Berial watched how Shura watched all of this. He saw a child growing up into a man at this very moment. Kruger continued to speak.

“There is a magical library carrying legends in them about these worlds that exist. Dusty tomes creating labyrinths only a select few can navigate to understand them. I have only been there once in my lifetime. It only reveals itself to those who are worthy of it’s knowledge.”

The room turned back to normal causing the house to tremble from the spell used. Shura was completely at a loss for words at that moment. He had a shocked expression on his face. It turned into a huge smile, he was excited. This only confirmed everything he had seen growing up. “I want to know more, all of it. The door is only cracked, I want to walk through it.”

Kruger sat back in his chair eating a biscuit. “Can’t.”

Shura was caught off guard by that, “What do you mean can’t?”

Berial cut in, “Well for one even though you made a soul contract you are still human. Too much information will overload you and you will become a vegetable. Your mind consumed by the mental strain that the truth can put on you. Have to take it as it comes.”

Shura got silent and sat back down in his chair. He couldn’t argue with that, that was the last thing he wanted. Was to die or become a vegetable before his ambitions were realized. “I guess you are right.”

Both of the older gentleman laughed at Shura. Kruger finished chewing and spoke again. “All in due time, there is no rush kid. Besides you still got a lot of growing to do.”

Shura nodded in response, Kruger was right on that front. There were a lot of things to do. He needed to get back to Oak to begin the process. Shura finished his tea and biscuit off quickly. Stood up from his chair. He looked at the mask on the table. Berial also stood up knowing what Shura was thinking and feeling at that moment. “I really appreciate you and everything you have done for me. This is the second time I am in your debt.”

Kruger laughed before replying, “No need to thank me I..”

Shura straightened up and gave a bow as a sign of respect. Kruger could do nothing but smile at the idea of the younger generation giving this much respect. ‘There is hope for this world yet.’ He thought to himself. Shura left the mask on the table. “I have no need to hide my face from the world anymore. The time has come to step out onto the main stage and take hold of my destiny.”

#8Shura Ranzu † 

Ghost Buster Empty Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:38 am

Shura Ranzu †
Both Berial and Kruger looked at each other with of anticipation. Kruger indulged Shura, “Oh and what could that be?”

‘Hoping for You’

Shura had a serious look on his face. “I will rebuild this country and become a King.”

Kruger blinked, completely thrown off by this new development. “Big dreams for a squirt like you. You know what this means right? Everyone will be gunning for you trying to take you out. You must get stronger so you can become something people can stand behind. This is no small task and it will be a long, hard road.”

Shura responded very calmly with a hint of confidence covering it. “It wouldn’t be fun if it wasn’t a challenge. Not to mention I got Berial, Loki and Chi. I am never alone.”

“Chi?” Kruger asked.

Berial leaned over, “His girlfriend.”
Shura blushed a bit, “She isn't my girlfriend!” Berial and Kruger both laughed at Shura being embarrassed. “We are just yanking your chain kid, clearly you must like her. Every King does need his Queen.”

Shura wanted to say something but found himself tripped up by these two. “Regardless, I want to do right by my family as the last of the Ranzu’s.”

Kruger remembered that name from somewhere, “Ranzu, was your father Kaiser Ranzu?”

Shura focused on Kruger, “You knew my father?”

“Yea, great man. We worked together when were younger. Worked in the Rune Knights together. I heard what happened to your family.”

“So you know.” Shura replied.

“Yea, I hunted each one down myself and exterminated them. He was a good friend of mine and I thought the children were lost. Good to know the bloodline survives.” Kruger explained.

“I am not sure if my brothers and sisters survived. We were all scattered to the winds to keep us safe. I am not sure if they are still out there.” Shura responded.

“If you made it, I am sure the rest of them are out there. Ranzu’s are a tough breed. Don’t die easily.” Kruger was right on that front. Berial got up from his chair and called out to Loki. “Loki lets go! We are heading out!”

Hearing that Loki floated back into the room where the three were talking. A bunch of ghouls were waiting at the doorway. As if Loki was going to come back to play. “Say goodbye to your friends we are heading to Oak.”

Berial nodded and gave a salute to Kruger. “Nice seeing you again Kruger.”

“Same to you Berial.” With that Berial turned to energy and flowed back into the tattoo on Shura’s chest. “Once again thank you for everything.”

Kruger gave a small bow, “Come on I will see you out.”

Shura, Loki, Kruger and the ghouls headed to the door. “Oh one more thing.” Kruger snapped his fingers together and the Ghouls brought a large, black cloak with fur covering the neck region. Something to keep him warm in the winter till he can go get something made. Kruger noticed something, Shura’s hair was becoming brighter. The blue tint was fading away, most likely a byproduct of the soul bond. Shura clearly wasn’t aware of it because of always wearing a mask. Shura quickly put the cloak on and pulled the hood up. “Thank you once more. For everything.”

Kruger, “Go ahead, get out of here kid. Go change the world.”

Shura nodded, “Let’s go make a name for ourselves Loki.”

“Gastly.”

They both left the house and made their way back to the main road so they can begin the journey back to Oak.

[Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum