Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

training stats

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Atlas Prime 

training stats Empty Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Atlas Prime
Hey just wanted to make a suggestion. I know we don't have stat training for multiple reasons, but I thought of a couple ways to try and make it work. I understand that we do have to be careful with stat training if we do it because someone will become super OP for putting work into it. I thought these reasons wouldn't make someone super OP though. Both of the methods I thought of involve training the stats up. I know we need a limit on it or somebody, next thing we knew, would be dealing S-rank damage with a punch at D-rank. I know we don't want that.

Method 1: Training Stats after ranking up.

This method is like when we rank up from D-C or like C-B. When we rank up we get a certain number of stat points to distribute into out stats. This method involves that. Once a member hits C-rank they get 10 points to put into a Stat or stats. I suggest that once they rank up they get instant stat points and trainable stat points. So once someone get to C-rank they get 10 points to put where they want. They then can have like 10-15 or a different number of trainable stat points they can earn later. Once they reach the number they are capped out on training stat points.

Ex. James just hit C-rank and has put hit 10 points into Str giving him 11 Str. He then trains 10 more stat points and puts then in End, giving him 11 Str and 11 End.

Method 2. Training Stats monthly.

This method would allow members to train a certain number of stats per month. It can depend on rank or just be a flat number. Take 10 points. Train all 10 and you must wait until next month.

Ex. John is B-rank and hit Str is 20. He trains his 10 points into Str and is at 30. John knows he has to wait now until next month to train atleast 1 more point into Str to deal B-rank damage with hit hits

These are just 2 methods I thought of, let me know what you think.

#2Erebus2 

training stats Empty Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Erebus2

Not exactly a fan of this personally-- at least not exactly. This is because I believe the value of stats will drop when we all can obtain them much more simply. Say for instance, we have a bunch of D-ranks dealing S-rank damage. That wouldn't be right? If we get even 1 D-rank who can do that within the current way the site functions, then that's impressive.

Now then.

I do also think we need a way to improve beyond the tiny scope of what is up currently, I'd be down for something like your method 2  example at small number, such as 10 points per month. No more or no less.

That would be my only way of really being like-- "eyy sure," because then it doesn't really hurt the system, and still gives a shred of benefit to people.

training stats 5oJEfCBQ_o
#3Kon 

training stats Empty Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Kon

Have to agree with Erebus on this, the whole concept of your first idea just comes off to me as just double dipping just with higher ranks needing to train for it meaning a B rank for instead of getting 30 stats would be able to get 60.

As for training stats I would be okay with that to an extent, however, there are already numerous methods while tedious they are there including events, ranking up, completing missions and purchasing them from the shops either as pots or as passive effects from items, I'm sure there will be other methods to increase your stats later on, for the time being until those are introduced consider doing the things I mentioned if you want to increase your stats.

#4Tenshi † 

training stats Empty Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Tenshi †
So as an Adventurer, I'm completely against this.

Mages have magic already. Before, you had to do quests to get stats same as Adventurers. However, you also had to make the decision to spend your jewel on stats or spells. Now, you can just train spells. So you can essentially get stats just as easy as adventurers. Why is this a problem?

Stats are our only weapon. Yes, we have *actual* weapons and armor. All of which can be compensated for by your magic, and can be earned if you really want to. The way things are we're already outclassed, stats as they are benefit us slightly.

training stats D09aavQ
#5Kon 

training stats Empty Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Kon

This line of questioning has been resolved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum