Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

COMMUNITY OUTREACH - [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Oppa 

COMMUNITY OUTREACH - [Quest] Empty Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:26 am

Oppa
A cold wind swept through the streets of Magnolia City, the wash lines of the houses that stretched through the thicker part of the city rattled and shook, threatening to spill their contents along the ground of the dirtier alleyways of the usually bright and sunny town. Throughout the city the sound of retching and coughing could be heard from many of its inhabitants, an illness having swept through it. The cause of such an illness was as mysterious as it was fast spreading, many businessmen and women having to take the day off in order to cure themselves of this common cold. There were others though who took to the streets in order to finish their daily routines, despite the fact that their red noses and clammy skins made them appear as if they were zombies.

Clouds hung in the sky above, leaving dark shadows to pool and fester around the streets, turning the picturesque city into one of dark hanging gloom. Trailing through these sheets was a man covered in a dark brown traveller's cloak, a rice hat shading his features. The features in question being those of someone who had contracted the ailment that had spawned throughout the city streets. This man was the wandering samurai, Oppaiyon Torinosuke, or to those whom he would introduce himself too; Torino. For Torino, he had found his morning awakening to be late, sweaty and snotty. Somehow, the vagabond had found himself under the influence of the bizarre cold, tissues having been rolled up and stuffed into his nose to prevent himself from leaking out into the streets, though this provide the coughing side effects of the disease to manifest itself, leaving him with a ragged voice.

Before long, the sniffling, mumbling samurai stood in front of a large, old, wooden request board, flyers for a number of jobs being posted up onto it. "Time for me to get my act together and start making a living," the samurai tried chuckling to himself, which only resulted in him choking on his own words, spittle flying out from his mouth. "Let's see now..." he murmured to himself before one flyer caught his eye. Grey eyes reading the job request intently, he decided to take the piece of parchment, rolling it up in his hands and placing it in his belt before sauntering off in the direction of the grand, towering, Kardia Cathedral. From the job request, he was to meet with one of the members of the Church there, the proposition of work having been placed up that very morning, with the reward of good will, money and most importantly on this day - medicine!

Arriving at the elegantly structured building, Torino couldn't help but gape at the beautiful landmark that stretched before him. He hadn't had a chance to get close to the building since arriving at Magnolia, but now standing before it he couldn't think of anything quite like it throughout his travels. Remembering that he was there on official business, he blond haired man took in his surroundings, his eyes scanning for a man that matched the description of the employer that had been left on the request. Nodding as he saw a brown haired man standing behind a large desk filled with white, cylindrical boxes, which had a large line of ragged, weathered vagrants in front of it, Torino realised that he had found his man.

With himself by the man, Torino gave a quick and hasty wave towards the man, to which he was received with the reply of, "if you're here for medicine, I'll have to ask that you go to the end of the line. This will only work if we all help each other," the priest responded, handing out medicine towards one of the poor, beggars that approached him, his words filled with kindness despite the order. Torino would shake his head before holding out the flyer. "I'm sorry, but I'm actually here for the quest? It says you needed some help and I'm more than happy to offer it," he gratefully bowed. As he raised his head, he noticed the man to be beaming at him, his eyes shining with gratitude. "Thank the Illumin! Please, take some of the medicine and I'll meet you behind this desk. My name is Father Jerad, thank you again for taking on this request!" he grinned, the colourful and sunny atmosphere that radiated from this man illuminating the dark and dismal weather that surrounded the men.

This man left Torino speechless, his mouth twitching into a smile as he took a quick stand next to Father Jerad. "I think I'll take that medicine after I help you. You have a kind and blessed soul, Father," Torino nodded, happy to stand beside such a man. As he stood behind the desk, the queue of people would begin to split between himself and the robed father as the two would begin to check on the homeless before handing them their medicine, giving them proper instruction on how to take the treatment to ensure that they got better. "After fully swallowing the pills, it's best to have something to eat, enclosed you'll find some bread to help digest it. Afterwards, it's recommend that you take a good, long rest. You'll find yourself sweaty when you wake up, but that's your body reacting to the cure, helping it to remove the cold from your system." Torino had the lines memorised to a T after some hours at the job. As he handed the small packages over, he would be met with grateful words and kind thanks from those that couldn't afford to heal themselves. Despite this praise, Father Jerard never once acted in a manner that would be construed as egotistic, instead acting gracious and modest, a true gentleman and practitioner of his faith.

As the day came to a rest, they had somehow managed to exhaust the crowds, leaving nought but themselves to stand alone in the courtyard, the final rays of the evening sun now cast upon them. "Whew, that was exhausting, I don't know where you find all that energy," Torino would cough, his body slumping over the table. "It's the knowledge that I'm doing good and right within the world that keeps me going," the man explained. "I believe that you're forgetting your reward, here you are, Torino," he smiled, referring to the samurai by the name that he wished to be addressed by. It was then that a small packet, accompanied by a sack of jewels would be tossed towards the blonde haired samurai. His face getting visibly excited. As he reached for the medicine, the tissues would slip from his nose, his nostrils flaring as he took in the smells of the city. Frowning, Torino realised with sudden shock that he had worked through the cold.

"Seems being around you was cure enough," he'd chuckle, causing the priest to follow suit.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum