Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lacie Eventide 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 am

Lacie Eventide
One time before had Lacie been at the river side. She had sat there, thinking about where to go and met up with Arthur and his friend Phantello. She couldn't remember the whole conversation at this point, she was sitting on a white iron chair with a cushion, otherwise it wouldn't be comfortable. There was some sort of festival at it again, this time not in the market streets but here, next to the river. Orchidia was celebrating that Spring had arrived. She leaned her head on her right hand and stared at the people that were dancing on the dancefloor, made of simple wooden planks pushed and pulled together so people wouldn't have to dance on the grass. Most girls were wearing dresses or skirts and Lacie wasn't an expectation. She was wearing a cream coloured dress with blue and brown horizontal stripes on the skirt. She was wearing a same brown coloured vest to keep her warm instead of a trenchcoat that she normally was wearing and her hair was divided in pigtails.

She didn't have anyone to dance, especially because she didn't know that many people but she had just come to watch everyone have fun. That made her jealous and not think too many nice thoughts but people wouldn't know as she sat with an almost neutral face staring at the rest and simply smiling. She had a milkshake apparently a specialty from the festival and from time to time she took a sip from the straw. If only she had someone to hang out with and not feel so lonely at this moment. She thought about the people she met in Orchidia but hadn't seen them since, so they were probably gone off to another city.

#2Liston 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:31 am

Liston
Festivals were a lot of fun to attend in Liston's memories. Back in his hometown they celebrated them by having a massive feast where they usually cleared the winter storage before filling it up over summer. This city really were different. They seemed less interested in having a use for the festival and more in just having fun and showing off. But he wanted to attend it never the less and had even managed to acquire a suit. It wasn't the best one but it had fit wonderfully and the old lady had been overjoyed to see someone fit her old husbands clothing. She had even taken upon her to tidy his hair up sligthly so that it didn't look just a total mess.
So feeling somewhat uncofortable but surprisingly at ease with the new set of clothes he walked around the area nd watched people. Couples flirting, families laughing, the usual groups of younger males and females moving about. Apart from him there were also a handful of people walking around solo. A couple even offered him a sympathetic look as he walked by them to which he returned a wide smile as if to say he weren't the least bit sad. It was a cheerful place.

It was when he noted the dancefloor he stopped for the first time to watch properly, soon finding himself humming along with the tones that were playing. A bit slower than what he were used to since it clearly was more formal and uptight than back home. So when he looked around the outskirts and saw the lone lady sitting quite close to him looking.. Well. Lonely. He shrugged as he started to move over to her, figuring that he might as well give it a try.
"Excuse me miss, couldn't help but see you were alone here. Mind if I join you?" He asked as he came up to her. He were somewhat nervous but had decided to follow through with it and quickly pushed it aside. Yet it felt as if his smile wasn't as comfortable as it usually were. Which he only hoped didn't show...

#3Lacie Eventide 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:51 am

Lacie Eventide
Sipping from her pineapple milkshake she simply was lost in thoughts. Wondering if she would meet one of her acquintances again, if they would dance with her. She was swaying a bit left to right on the rhythm of the music while she thought about many things but not the dance much longer. That's when someone spoke to her and she blinked a couple of times rapidly to get back to Earth instead of her daydream. That didn't give her any answers though but that didn't matter, she was somewhere else and alone, it was nice that someone was talking to her. She looked at the young man in a suit and smiled at him with the sweetest smile she could give. This was a typical Lacie thing to do.

"Oh, no not at all. Please take a seat." she said with that same smile on her lips. She brushed some strains of orange hair from her shoulder and wondered if it would be weird to introduce herself but than again why not. "Did you come alone too?" She would first get to know him a bit better. Maybe he would introduce himself because well he was the one asking if he could join her. She sat up straight now instead of leaning on her hand because that wouldn't look good. She looked if there was a waiter around, you could order at the bar but they were also walking around. Well bar, it was a set up wooden stand that served drinks and finger food. Though she still had her milkshake, she didn't know what her now companion on this table wanted. She looked at the dance floor once more before turning to the stranger, he looked nice.

#4Liston 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:46 am

Liston
Nodding once he pulled out a chair and say down opposite her, facing between her and the dance floor. Sitting in a sort of relaxed lean towards her with one elbow on the table and the other one in his lap. His head towards her as she spoke and asked him about if he had company. A chuckle escaped him as he nodded slowly.

"Yes, I came to town just a few days ago so don't know anyone really. The name's Liston by the way." Liston followed her gaze as she looked around the area for something and then to the bar. She had a drink already didn't she? "Want anything? I can go get it if there is anything. Might get something for myself as well. Though.. Not that I know what half of the names here are." He said and waved at the signs near the bar. He really didn't know what the drinks were supposed to be. "So suggestions are welcome if you have any. Not something strong though, since alcohol isn't something I can take a lot of." He looked at her with a face that were a mix of a smile and a plead.

Last edited by Liston on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add colours...)

#5Lacie Eventide 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:53 am

Lacie Eventide
Lacie looked with a curiousity in her eyes. She couldn't read this guy as she had done the others before. Her first opinions were not always very nice about everyone, she knew who she liked or could use in some way of her innocent act all the time. She was actually glad with a person that was difficult to read, reminded her of only someone else but she had never seen him anymore so that all didn't matter. Her brown eyes looked at the guy in front of her, he explained there was no other company and that he just arrived and his name. She would have introduced herself but she was glad he did it. Good manners were important, so right now she was leaning to the positive, "Nice to meet you, my name is Lacie."

She laughed a little when he told her he didn't know the names, "They give such fancy names to the drinks and all, it's annoying but funny at the same time. You can just order whatever you want and they will just get it. I thought about eating something but they only share finger food, would you be alright sharing with me?" She asked in the most innocent manner that she got to make more acquintances. She needed to know things and with the information she needed from ghe general world, she needed people. "They have lovely milkshakes, I bought the Daisy Milkshake, all named after flowers, it's pineapple. But they have a lot more flavours." She looked at the Dance Floor for a second, maybe, there was a lot more to this festival than only that, she might have found someone to have a look around with.

#6Liston 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Liston
Fancy was indeed the word for the drinks and foods they had here. Quite a few had the word 'Le' in the middle. Something he didn't even know where it came from. But someone seemed to be fond of it so had to be something, he guessed. He shook his head at the thought of what it could be and decided it was time to drop the subject for now. It wasn't like he wouldn't get any wiser about it by pondering on it just like that either. Listening to her talk about finger food triggered something in his memory from his grandmothers lessons. But just as soon he thought he knew what it might have been it had slipped away again.

"Sorry... But what do you mean by finger food?" He asked her in a sheepish tone as he turned towards her and leaned forward slightly to betray his interest. He was honestly not sure what it was. Food to eat with fingers? Couldn't you eat any food with fingers? Well apart from soup. "I would probably not mind sharing it... I just don't know what it is. And to tell you the truth, I don't know what a milkshake is either. I have seen some at the fairs but I have never tried one." He scratched the left-side earlobe momentarily as he still sat slightly leaned forward and the other arm resting on the table.

#7Lacie Eventide 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:26 am

Lacie Eventide
Lacie held her head a little to the side, to the left to be exact, because she was surprised about his question or well questions. It made her panic a bit, she wasn't the best to tell. "Finger food means, eh how to describe it, like small pieces of food that you could just eat with your hands. They have all sorts, just from some pizza like bites to bread, nachos and even eggrolls or so the menu says." She wasn't sure if she explained clearly, had she said small? Yes she did, she hoped she explained it alright, she wasn't really good at that. Her knowledge literally came from quoting books.

She frowned a little, "Well apart from thus the little pieces of food, we could share anything you like to eat that could be found as finger food in the menu." She pointed at a blackboard that was above the stall. It said the finger food sorts that they had. Apart from that he said he didn't know what a milkshake was, "To explain a milkshake is much easier. They put some fruit and milk together and some ice cream, they mix it by shaking I guess and using a blender probably and you get this cold delicious drink with a fruit taste." Maybe she could offer something for him to try out, not her own since they were strangers but the way Troy had helped her back at the Chocolate festival, "You could try one, with for example your favourite fruit flavour!" She added enthusiastic.

#8Liston 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Liston
Still gently feeling the lobe of his ear as he listened to Lacie speak about the finger food. Nodding to himself as she finished her explanation and frowned for a moment before offering to share and pointing at the blackboard which he offered a quick glance. "Sounds nice."  He said in almost a whisper before she started on the milkshake. It sounded almost like a grog... But without alcohol. Or one of those fruit drinks his grandfather used to make.

"if they have cherries, I wouldn't mind. And as for the fingerfood.. I don't mind trying something new if you want to try something." He smiled to her and looked at the bar for a moment. "Not sure. I eat pretty much anything and isn't exactly afraid of trying new things." He let out a hearty chuckle and leaned back in his chair as he looked around for a waiter. Which he assumed were the simpler clad people walking around and serving the people at the table. "This place is really busy.. The events back home wouldn't see this many even when the harvest fair was around..." He hadn't meant to say the last bit and he didn't seem to have heard himself either as he kept looking around to try to catch the attention of a waiter.

#9Lacie Eventide 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:00 am

Lacie Eventide
The moment Liston looked at the bar, Lacie followed his example and stared at the menu to see if she could figure out the riddle of the names of the milkshakes.. for sake of the Divine, why didn't they just put inbetween brackets what the flavour was. Cherry... She shrugged and would let it be handled by the waiter. She smiled at him when he chuckled, she had already thought about some small things that they could order for them to share. Which was actually a weird concept, something she wouldn't do but than again, she shared breakfast and chocolate with complete strangers so why not this. She wanted to get to know more people and it could be fun. Maybe he could even dance with her later.

"Harvest fair?" She asked since well no waiter was coming, finally she simply decided to wave at one of the guys and before they knew it they could order, "I have no idea which fancy name it is, but we would like one Cherry Milkshake and Cheese straws, Wonton cups with Cream Cheese and Chutney and.." She turned to look at Liston because she had no idea what else to suggest and maybe he didn't even like it, something with meat perhaps? Didn't all guys eat meat? "Chicken fingers?" She said a bit unsure because well she drew a complete blank.

#10Liston 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Liston
He smiled at her as she ordered a cherry milkshake and cheese straws, as well as some other things for them he presumed. Than as she fell silent for moment before suggesting chicken fingers he went from happy to ecstatic! The smile grew to a happy grin and he started to tap his fingers in excitement. "That sounds good, yes. One of those. Chicken fingers!" He blurted out as the waiter gave him a look that were a mix of surprise, confusion and the appreciation for a man being able to show such a childish state. "Cherry Milkshake, Cheese straws, cream cheese, chutney and chicken fingers. Anything else?" The waiter confirmed the order before nodding and moving away to fetch their dish. Leaving the two alone once again.

"Oh! Sorry.. The harvest fair!" Liston apologized with a smack of his lips and slight smirk towards Lacie. Bringing up the harvest fair as he collected himself and inhaled. He loved chicken and hadn't eaten any for weeks it seemed, so he let it take the better of him. "It's a fair we hold every, well the village hold. Not me since I moved away.. But off topic, sorry. We gathered for a market, there were games, stalls, shows and some years a uncle in the village had managed to put up the ferris wheel his family had built together. Not that big.. Not even as big as some of the houses in the city here but still it was very fun as a child!" He held a wide smile and snickered occasionally as he spoke about his home. "Still think the most fun year was when the wheel 'accidentally' came off the stand and rolled quite a bit with some of my friends and me inside!" A mischievous show of teeth as he grinned and peered around at the mentioned of the supposed accident. As if the uncle or someone else from then could be around right now. "Had to repaint his barn for it though... Don't regret it at all. Hahaha!"

Last edited by Liston on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put the wrong name....)

#11Lacie Eventide 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 am

Lacie Eventide
Lacie couldn't help but grin at Liston his reaction, she looked at the waiter though and frowned, "Skip the chutney. Too much." And apparently the whole thing was chicken fingers, she should have thought about that before, "Thank you." she said as the waiter repeated what she wanted without the chutney. She took a sip of her pineapple milkshake and looked back at Liston when he started to turn the topic back to the harvest fair. She leaned on her left hand to listen to the story and smiled, it sounded lovely if you were so close with a village. She never had that, she was close to her mother but she left her in Magnolia.

She couldn't help but giggle a bit about the adventure he had, "It sounds very lovely and more of a real fair than this." Although she still hadn't seen eveything of course. She wondered what all happened in magnolia, apart from what all the Fairy Tail members all did because that wasn't interesting, than there was the incident with her mother and Selena and well it wasn't interesting, she looked at the bar and they brought a little bit of their food as well as the Cherry milkshake, "I hope you like it." she said as she grabbed a cheese straw and started to nible on it.

#12Lacie Eventide 

The Spring Fling Festival [Open | Liston] Empty Tue May 23, 2017 11:37 am

Lacie Eventide
While she was actually enjoying showing someone the food that they served here or the milkshakes! There was something that popped in her mind. Nooo! She had wanted to dance and enjoy the festival more! "I'm super sorry but I have to go." She stood up and went to look through her purse to get some money for the food that she had sorted out and picked. She placed under one of the saucers so no one should worry about it, "It was really nice meeting you. Hopefully we bump into each other again. I'm really sorry." she said again before she hurried off to go to the meeting she had.

Exit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum